If you enjoy spending time outdoors, a good quality camping stove is a definite must. With a stove like our top favorite – the Camp Chef Tahoe 3 you can ensure that the entire family or group of friends will be well fed no matter where you have decided to camp out.
Read on to find out more about our top picks for the best camping stoves.
Camp Chef Tahoe Deluxe 3 Burner Grill
Our favorite camping stove for 2019 is the Camp Chef Tahoe Deluxe. It is a propane freestanding stove with 3 burners made of cast aluminum with a total of 90,000 BTUs (each has 30,000 BTUs). The burners have completely adjustable temperature control dials.
It is a sturdy camping stove which will withstand years of use and travel. It weighs 43 lbs. so it is not the most portable one on our list, but it is of high quality and has removable legs for easier transport, storage, and portability.
The excellent quality burners and the large cooking area of 608 square inches will enable you to cook up a delicious meal for a large family and a lot of friends. You can cook several different meals on this camping stove at the same time, and the three windscreens on each size will keep the breeze out of the cooking area and keep the heat levels stable in all kinds of windy conditions.
The ignition is quick and matchless, and the stove comes with a 3-foot hose and a regulator for the propane tank.
The dimensions of the Tahoe 3 propane camping stove are 16 x 36 inches and it has a cooking height of 30 inches.
Overall, this is the perfect camping stove to have if you need a large one, and the best news is that you can use it as your outdoor grill and barbeque at home as well. So, you will be putting it into use not only when you are vacationing, but every time you feel like eating a delicious grilled or cooked meal outdoors with guests and family.
Camp Chef EX60LW Explorer
The runner-up in our list is less expensive and is more portable than our top choice and is still an excellent camping stove.
- It has 2 patented “blue flame” aluminum burners of 30,000 BTUs each, so it has a total of 60,000 BTUs
- The burners are attached to a bulk tank but can work with disposable propane or natural gas bottles too
- This is a starter camp cooking system – you can add grill boxes, griddles, cast iron grills or artisan pizza ovens to customize it to fit your needs
- The size of the camping stove is 34 (H) x 9.5 (W) x 16.25 (L) inches
- The cooking height s 29 inches
- The whole stove weighs 30.5 lbs.
- The cooking area is 14 x 32 inches (448 square inches), so it is suitable for small and large groups of people
- The stove has wide windshields on the back and sides to keep the temperature steady even in windy weather
- It comes with a 3 ft. hose and a regulator
- The legs and windshields are removable for easy transport and storage, as well as for tabletop use
- The legs can be adjusted when the stove is placed on an uneven surface
- It is compatible with all Camp Chef 14 inch accessories
- No assembly is required
Coleman Classic Propane Stove
- Tabletop camping stove
- PerfectFlow technology allows for cooking in extreme conditions and with less fuel
- A large wind panel will keep the heat consistent in all weather conditions and is adjustable to the different pan sizes
- The stove has 2 burners with a total of 20,000 BTUs
- The cooking area can fit a 12 inch and a 10-inch pans at the same time
- The burners can be adjusted independently via the rotating dials, so you can create two different heating and cooking zones
- The grate is made of sturdy chrome plated metal and can be removed for easy cleaning
- The size is 4.1 x 21.9 x 13.7 inches and it weighs only 12 lbs.
- It works with propane
- It costs less than $50
Stansport Outfitter Series 3-Burner Propane Stove
- A tabletop camping stove
- Very portable, it weighs only 16 lbs.
- It has 3 powerful burners including two 25,000 with BTUs and one with 10,000 BTUs in the middle
- A large windscreen keeps the wind away and the heat consistent
- Easy electronic piezo ignition
- A sturdy cooking grate
- An easy to clean stainless steel drip tray
- A size of 15 x 3.5 x 24.2 inches
- Very reasonably priced for the quality offered
BioLite Basecamp Wood Burning Stove System
- Freestanding camping stove
- Utilizes wood fire – you can use wood, twigs or pellets
- One burner and a fan and integrated 2,200 mAh Li-ion battery which boosts the efficiency and the heat and saves it for future use
- A weight of only 18 lbs.
- You can grill up to 8 burgers at the same time on the 138 square inch cooking surface
- The stove has a 5 Watt power bank which you can use to charge your mobile devices
- The LED dashboard will inform you of the status of the battery
- A flexible arm light with an added USB pass-through
- You can switch from grilling to boiling with a single flip of a switch
- The stove comes with fire starters, a drip and ash tray, a fuel rack, a gooseneck USB light as well as detailed instructions
- The stove offers clean burning with smokeless flames
- Side entry for the fuel for cooking larger meals comfortably
- The dimensions of this wood burning camping stove are 17.8 x 18.8 x 17.8 inches